Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Negative Film Home Transfer

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Oh wow . . . I finally tried a negative film home transfer. I know some people have posted about it here, attemtping to invert and color correct digitally, but that process is sooo slow unless you can do it real time. So I decided to try it differently. As some of you may know I use a Goko TC-20 and a EVW-300 3ccd camera to transfer film. Well to add to this I got a Sony Video Multi Color Corrector XV-C700. It only uses phono plugs, but it's a start. Cost $50 off Ebay. I hooked it up and tried it with my transfer system. Amazing! Not the highest quality, but damn good. Now I wish I had gotten the XV-C900, but I didn't want to pay an extra $100 for something that might not work. Has anyone else used these color correcting systems?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member crimsonson's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2001
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Try this thread at the other famous Super 8 forum:
    http://8mm.filmshooting.com/scripts/...t=view&msg=386

    The technique is simpler and cheaper (no additional cost) and has been verified by a forum super 8 guru. The quality is supposedly very good.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "supposedly" is the key word. Anyway have you ever tried to adjust the color in premiere? It's not as easy as you might think, but yes it is a much cheaper option.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •